Synonyms for blackball
- 1. barring, blackball, ejection, exclusion, expulsion, riddance
- usage: the act of excluding someone by a negative vote or veto
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. banish, ban, ostracize, ostracise, shun, cast out, blackball, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: expel from a community or group
- 2. veto, blackball, negative, oppose, controvert, contradict
- usage: vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent; "The President vetoed the bill"