Synonyms for blade
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. blade, leaf blade, leaf, leafage, foliage
- usage: especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole
- 2. blade, young person, youth, younker, spring chicken
- usage: a dashing young man; "gay young blades bragged of their amorous adventures"
- 3. blade, ribbon, thread
- usage: something long and thin resembling a blade of grass; "a blade of lint on his suit"
- 4. sword, blade, brand, steel, weapon, arm, weapon system
- usage: a cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard
- 5. blade, cut of beef
- usage: a cut of beef from the shoulder blade
- 6. blade, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: a broad flat body part (as of the shoulder or tongue)
- 7. blade, runner
- usage: the part of the skate that slides on the ice
- 8. blade, vane, rotating mechanism
- usage: flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
- 9. blade, cutting implement
- usage: the flat part of a tool or weapon that (usually) has a cutting edge
See also: blade (Dictionary)