Synonyms for blinder
- 1. winker, blinker, blinder, blind, screen
- usage: blind consisting of a leather eyepatch sewn to the side of the halter that prevents a horse from seeing something on either side
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. blind (vs. sighted), unsighted, blinded, blindfold, blindfolded, color-blind, colour-blind, dazzled, deuteranopic, green-blind, dim-sighted, near-blind, purblind, sand-blind, visually impaired, visually challenged, eyeless, sightless, unseeing, protanopic, red-blind, snow-blind, snow-blinded, stone-blind, tritanopic, blue-blind
- usage: unable to see; "a person is blind to the extent that he must devise alternative techniques to do efficiently those things he would do with sight if he had normal vision"--Kenneth Jernigan
- 2. blind, unperceptive (vs. perceptive), unperceiving
- usage: unable or unwilling to perceive or understand; "blind to a lover's faults"; "blind to the consequences of their actions"
- 3. blind, unreasoning, irrational (vs. rational)
- usage: not based on reason or evidence; "blind hatred"; "blind faith"; "unreasoning panic"