Synonyms for blistering
- 1. vesiculation, vesication, blistering, organic process, biological process
- usage: the formation of vesicles in or beneath the skin
- 1. blister, vesicate, swell, swell up, intumesce, tumefy, tumesce
- usage: get blistered; "Her feet blistered during the long hike"
- 2. blister, scald, whip, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: subject to harsh criticism; "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
- 3. blister, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause blisters to form on; "the tight shoes and perspiration blistered her feet"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. acerb, acerbic, acid, acrid, bitter, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, sulphurous, virulent, vitriolic, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: harsh or corrosive in tone; "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose"; "a barrage of acid comments"; "her acrid remarks make her many enemies"; "bitter words"; "blistering criticism"; "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics"; "a sulfurous denunciation"; "a vitriolic critique"
- 2. blistering, blistery, hot (vs. cold)
- usage: hot enough to raise (or as if to raise) blisters; "blistering sun"
- 3. blistering, hot, red-hot, fast (vs. slow)
- usage: very fast; capable of quick response and great speed; "a hot sports car"; "a blistering pace"; "got off to a hot start"; "in hot pursuit"; "a red-hot line drive"