Synonyms for blockaded
- 1. obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- 2. barricade, block, blockade, stop, block off, block up, bar, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
- 3. blockade, block off, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: obstruct access to
- 4. blockade, seal off, besiege, beleaguer, surround, hem in, circumvent
- usage: impose a blockade on
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. barricaded, barred, blockaded, obstructed (vs. unobstructed)
- usage: preventing entry or exit or a course of action; "a barricaded street"; "barred doors"; "the blockaded harbor"