Synonyms for bloodless
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bloodless, exsanguine, exsanguinous, dead (vs. alive)
- usage: destitute of blood or apparently so; "the bloodless carcass of my Hector sold"- John Dryden
- 2. bloodless (vs. bloody), nonviolent, unbloody
- usage: free from blood or bloodshed; "bloodless surgery"; "a bloodless coup"
- 3. bloodless, spiritless (vs. spirited)
- usage: without vigor or zest or energy; "an insipid and bloodless young man"
- 4. bloodless, nonhuman (vs. human)
- usage: devoid of human emotion or feeling; "charts of bloodless economic indicators"
- 5. ashen, blanched, bloodless, livid, white, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: anemic looking from illness or emotion; "a face turned ashen"; "the invalid's blanched cheeks"; "tried to speak with bloodless lips"; "a face livid with shock"; "lips...livid with the hue of death"- Mary W. Shelley; "lips white with terror"; "a face white with rage"