Synonyms for blushing
- 1. blush, crimson, flush, redden, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame; "The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by"
- 2. blush, redden
- usage: become rosy or reddish; "her cheeks blushed in the cold winter air"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. blushful, blushing(prenominal), red-faced, discomposed (vs. composed)
- usage: having a red face from embarrassment or shame or agitation or emotional upset; "the blushing boy was brought before the Principal"; "her blushful beau"; "was red-faced with anger"