Synonyms for bluster
- 1. bluster, confusion
- usage: noisy confusion and turbulence; "he was awakened by the bluster of their preparations"
- 2. bravado, bluster, ostentation, fanfare, flash
- usage: a swaggering show of courage
- 3. bluster, gust, blast, blow
- usage: a violent gusty wind
- 4. braggadocio, bluster, rodomontade, rhodomontade, boast, boasting, self-praise, jactitation
- usage: vain and empty boasting
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bluster, blow
- usage: blow hard; be gusty, as of wind; "A southeaster blustered onshore"; "The flames blustered"
- 2. boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade, overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyperbolise, magnify, amplify
- usage: show off
- 3. swagger, bluster, swash, act, behave, do
- usage: act in an arrogant, overly self-assured, or conceited manner