Synonyms for body
- 1. body, organic structure, physical structure, natural object
- usage: the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being); "he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
- 2. body, social group
- usage: a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity; "the whole body filed out of the auditorium"; "the student body"; "administrative body"
- 3. body, dead body, natural object
- usage: a natural object consisting of a dead animal or person; "they found the body in the lake"
- 4. body, natural object
- usage: an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects; "heavenly body"
- 5. torso, trunk, body, body part
- usage: the body excluding the head and neck and limbs; "they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
- 6. body, system, scheme
- usage: a collection of particulars considered as a system; "a body of law"; "a body of doctrine"; "a body of precedents"
- 7. consistency, consistence, eubstance, body, property
- usage: the property of holding together and retaining its shape; "wool has more body than rayon"; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
- 8. body, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: the central message of a communication; "the body of the message was short"
- 9. body, mass
- usage: the main mass of a thing
- 10. soundbox, body, resonator, cavity resonator, resonating chamber
- usage: a resonating chamber in a musical instrument (as the body of a violin)
- 11. body, structure, construction
- usage: the external structure of a vehicle; "the body of the car was badly rusted"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. body, personify, embody, be, personify
- usage: invest with or as with a body; give body to
See also: body (Dictionary)