Synonyms for bog
- 1. bog, peat bog, wetland
- usage: wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation; has poorer drainage than a swamp; soil is unfit for cultivation but can be cut and dried and used for fuel
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bog down, bog, slow, slow down, slow up
- usage: cause to slow down or get stuck; "The vote would bog down the house"
- 2. bog down, bog, break, break off, discontinue, stop
- usage: get stuck while doing something; "She bogged down many times while she wrote her dissertation"
See also: bog (Dictionary)