Synonyms for boil-down
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. reduce, come down, boil down, become, turn
- usage: be the essential element; "The proposal boils down to a compromise"
- 2. boil down, reduce, decoct, concentrate, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: be cooked until very little liquid is left; "The sauce should reduce to one cup"
- 3. reduce, boil down, concentrate, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: cook until very little liquid is left; "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time"