Synonyms for bold
- 1. boldface, bold face, bold, font, fount, typeface, face
- usage: a typeface with thick heavy lines
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. bold (vs. timid), audacious, brave, dauntless, fearless, intrepid, unfearing, brash, daredevil, temerarious, emboldened, foolhardy, rash, reckless, heroic, heroical, nervy, overreaching, vaulting, overvaliant, venturesome, adventurous#1, adventuresome, brave#1, courageous#1, fearless, forward, unafraid#1, fearless
- usage: fearless and daring; "bold settlers on some foreign shore"; "a bold speech"; "a bold adventure"
- 2. bold, conspicuous (vs. inconspicuous), obvious
- usage: clear and distinct; "bold handwriting"; "a figure carved in bold relief"; "a bold design"
- 3. bluff, bold, sheer, steep (vs. gradual)
- usage: very steep; having a prominent and almost vertical front; "a bluff headland"; "where the bold chalk cliffs of England rise"; "a sheer descent of rock"
See also: bold (Dictionary)