Synonyms for bombardment
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. barrage, bombardment, outpouring, onslaught, language, linguistic communication
- usage: the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written); "a barrage of questions"; "a bombardment of mail complaining about his mistake"
- 2. barrage, barrage fire, battery, bombardment, shelling, fire, firing
- usage: the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target; "they laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops"; "the shelling went on for hours without pausing"
- 3. bombardment, radiation
- usage: the act (or an instance) of subjecting a body or substance to the impact of high-energy particles (as electrons or alpha rays)
- 4. bombing, bombardment, attack, onslaught, onset, onrush
- usage: an attack by dropping bombs