Synonyms for bombing
- 1. bombing, bombardment, attack, onslaught, onset, onrush
- usage: an attack by dropping bombs
- 2. bombing, sabotage
- usage: the use of bombs for sabotage; a tactic frequently used by terrorists
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bombard, bomb, attack, assail
- usage: throw bombs at or attack with bombs; "The Americans bombed Dresden"
- 2. fail, flunk, bomb, flush it
- usage: fail to get a passing grade; "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?"