Synonyms for boot
- 1. boot, footwear, footgear
- usage: footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg
- 2. boot, luggage compartment, automobile trunk, trunk
- usage: British term for the luggage compartment in a car
- 3. bang, boot, charge, rush, flush, thrill, kick, exhilaration, excitement
- usage: the swift release of a store of affective force; "they got a great bang out of it"; "what a boot!"; "he got a quick rush from injecting heroin"; "he does it for kicks"
- 4. boot, shell, case, casing
- usage: protective casing for something that resembles a leg
- 5. boot, the boot, iron boot, iron heel, instrument of torture
- usage: an instrument of torture that is used to heat or crush the foot and leg
- 6. boot, torture, torturing
- usage: a form of foot torture in which the feet are encased in iron and slowly crushed
- 7. kick, boot, kicking, blow
- usage: the act of delivering a blow with the foot; "he gave the ball a powerful kick"; "the team's kicking was excellent"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. boot, kick
- usage: kick; give a boot to
- 2. boot, reboot, bring up, resuscitate, revive
- usage: cause to load (an operating system) and start the initial processes; "boot your computer"
See also: boot (Dictionary)