Synonyms for born
- 1. Born, Max Born
- usage: British nuclear physicist (born in Germany) honored for his contributions to quantum mechanics (1882-1970)
- 1. bear, have, feature
- usage: have; "bear a resemblance"; "bear a signature"
- 2. give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have, produce, bring forth
- usage: cause to be born; "My wife had twins yesterday!"
- 3. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- 4. bear, transport, carry
- usage: move while holding up or supporting; "Bear gifts"; "bear a heavy load"; "bear news"; "bearing orders"
- 5. bear, turn out, make, create
- usage: bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"; "The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers"
- 6. bear, take over, accept, assume, take
- usage: take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person; "I'll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
- 7. hold, bear, carry, contain, include
- usage: contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"
- 8. yield, pay, bear, gain, take in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull in, bring in
- usage: bring in; "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
- 9. wear, bear, have, feature
- usage: have on one's person; "He wore a red ribbon"; "bear a scar"
- 10. behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry, hold, carry, bear, act, move
- usage: behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
- 11. bear, hold, have, have got, hold
- usage: have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices; "She bears the title of Duchess"; "He held the governorship for almost a decade"
- 12. hold, carry, bear
- usage: support or hold in a certain manner; "She holds her head high"; "He carried himself upright"
- 13. have a bun in the oven, bear, carry, gestate, expect, give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have
- usage: be pregnant with; "She is bearing his child"; "The are expecting another child in January"; "I am carrying his child"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. born (vs. unborn), hatched
- usage: brought into existence; "he was a child born of adultery"
- 2. natural, born(predicate), innate(predicate), intelligent (vs. unintelligent)
- usage: being talented through inherited qualities; "a natural leader"; "a born musician"; "an innate talent"
See also: born (Dictionary)