Synonyms for borrowing
- 1. borrowing, adoption, appropriation
- usage: the appropriation (of ideas or words etc) from another source; "the borrowing of ancient motifs was very apparent"
- 2. borrowing, transaction, dealing, dealings
- usage: obtaining funds from a lender
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. borrow, get, acquire
- usage: get temporarily; "May I borrow your lawn mower?"
- 2. adopt, borrow, take over, take up, accept, take, have
- usage: take up and practice as one's own