Synonyms for boss
- 1. foreman, chief, gaffer, honcho, boss, supervisor
- usage: a person who exercises control over workers; "if you want to leave early you have to ask the foreman"
- 2. boss, hirer, employer
- usage: a person responsible for hiring workers; "the boss hired three more men for the new job"
- 3. boss, leader
- usage: a person who exercises control and makes decisions; "he is his own boss now"
- 4. party boss, political boss, boss, politician, politico, pol, political leader
- usage: a leader in a political party who controls votes and dictates appointments; "party bosses have a reputation for corruption"
- 5. knob, boss, projection
- usage: a circular rounded projection or protuberance
- 1. emboss, boss, stamp, impress, imprint
- usage: raise in a relief; "embossed stationery"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. boss, brag, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: exceptionally good; "a boss hand at carpentry"; "his brag cornfield"
See also: boss (Dictionary)