Synonyms for bothered
- 1. trouble oneself, trouble, bother, inconvenience oneself, strive, reach, strain
- usage: take the trouble to do something; concern oneself; "He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday"; "Don't bother, please"
- 2. annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil, displease
- usage: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- 3. trouble, put out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: to cause inconvenience or discomfort to; "Sorry to trouble you, but..."
- 4. bother, intrude, irrupt
- usage: intrude or enter uninvited; "Don't bother the professor while she is grading term papers"
- 5. bother, agitate, rouse, turn on, charge, commove, excite, charge up
- usage: make nervous or agitated; "The mere thought of her bothered him and made his heart beat faster"
- 6. bother, confuse, flurry, disconcert, put off
- usage: make confused or perplexed or puzzled
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bothered, daunted, fazed, discomposed (vs. composed)
- usage: caused to show discomposure; "refused to be fazed by the objections"