Synonyms for bottom
- 1. bottom, underside, undersurface, side, face
- usage: the lower side of anything
- 2. bottom, region, part
- usage: the lowest part of anything; "they started at the bottom of the hill"
- 3. buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass, body part
- usage: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- 4. bottom, bottom of the inning, turn, bout, round
- usage: the second half of an inning; while the home team is at bat
- 5. bed, bottom, natural depression, depression
- usage: a depression forming the ground under a body of water; "he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- 6. bottomland, bottom, land, ground, soil
- usage: low-lying alluvial land near a river
- 7. bottom, freighter, merchantman, merchant ship, cargo ship, cargo vessel
- usage: a cargo ship; "they did much of their overseas trade in foreign bottoms"
- 1. bottom, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a bottom or a seat; "bottom the chairs"
- 2. bottom, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: strike the ground, as with a ship's bottom
- 3. penetrate, fathom, bottom, understand
- usage: come to understand
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bottom(prenominal) (vs. side) (vs. top), bottommost, lowermost, nethermost, inferior, nether
- usage: situated at the bottom or lowest position; "the bottom drawer"
- 2. bottom, worst (vs. best)
- usage: the lowest rank; "bottom member of the class"