Synonyms for bouncing
- 1. bounce, bouncing, recoil, repercussion, rebound, backlash
- usage: rebounding from an impact (or series of impacts)
- 1. bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
- 2. bounce, hit
- usage: hit something so that it bounces; "bounce a ball"
- 3. bounce, jounce, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move up and down repeatedly
- 4. bounce, return
- usage: come back after being refused; "the check bounced"
- 5. bounce, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: leap suddenly; "He bounced to his feet"
- 6. bounce, refuse, reject, pass up, turn down, decline
- usage: refuse to accept and send back; "bounce a check"
- 7. bounce, eject, chuck out, exclude, turf out, boot out, turn out
- usage: eject from the premises; "The ex-boxer's job is to bounce people who want to enter this private club"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bouncing, healthy (vs. unhealthy)
- usage: vigorously healthy; "a bouncing baby"
- 2. bouncing, bouncy, peppy, spirited, zippy, lively (vs. dull)
- usage: marked by lively action; "a bouncing gait"; "bouncy tunes"; "the peppy and interesting talk"; "a spirited dance"