Synonyms for bracket
- 1. bracket, set
- usage: a category falling within certain defined limits
- 2. bracket, angle bracket, punctuation, punctuation mark
- usage: either of two punctuation marks (`<' or `>') used in computer programming and sometimes used to enclose textual material
- 3. bracket, square bracket, punctuation, punctuation mark
- usage: either of two punctuation marks ([ or ]) used to enclose textual material
- 4. bracket, wall bracket, support
- usage: a support projecting from a wall (as to hold a shelf)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bracket, hold, support, sustain, hold up
- usage: support with brackets; "bracket bookshelves"
- 2. bracket, bracket out, edit, redact
- usage: place into brackets; "Please bracket this remark"
- 3. bracket, group
- usage: classify or group