Synonyms for braid
- 1. braid, plait, tress, twist, hairdo, hairstyle, hair style, coiffure, coif
- usage: a hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
- 2. braid, gold braid, braiding, trimming, trim, passementerie
- usage: trimming used to decorate clothes or curtains
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. braid, lace, plait, weave, tissue
- usage: make by braiding or interlacing; "lace a tablecloth"
- 2. braid, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with braids or ribbons; "braid a collar"
- 3. braid, pleach, weave, interweave
- usage: form or weave into a braid or braids; "braid hair"
See also: braid (Dictionary)