Synonyms for branching
- 1. branching, ramification, fork, forking, division
- usage: the act of branching out or dividing into branches
- 1. ramify, branch, grow
- usage: grow and send out branches or branch-like structures; "these plants ramify early and get to be very large"
- 2. branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate, diverge
- usage: divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. branched, branching, ramose, ramous, ramate, branchy (vs. branchless)
- usage: having branches
- 2. branching, divergent (vs. convergent), diverging
- usage: resembling the branches of a tree