Synonyms for break-off
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. cut short, break short, break off, interrupt, break
- usage: interrupt before its natural or planned end; "We had to cut short our vacation"
- 2. break, break off, discontinue, stop, end, terminate
- usage: prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations"
- 3. chip, chip off, come off, break away, break off, separate, divide, part
- usage: break off (a piece from a whole); "Her tooth chipped"
- 4. break, break off, snap off, detach
- usage: break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree"
- 5. chip, knap, cut off, break off, cut
- usage: break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"