Synonyms for break-through
- 1. discovery, breakthrough, find, insight, brainstorm, brainwave
- usage: a productive insight
- 2. breakthrough, discovery, find, uncovering
- usage: making an important discovery
- 3. breakthrough, penetration, incursion
- usage: a penetration of a barrier such as an enemy's defense
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. break through, crack, pass, go through, go across
- usage: pass through (a barrier); "Registrations cracked through the 30,000 mark in the county"
- 2. break through, come through, appear
- usage: penetrate; "The sun broke through the clouds"; "The rescue team broke through the wall in the mine shaft"
- 3. erupt, come out, break through, push through, appear
- usage: break out; "The tooth erupted and had to be extracted"