Synonyms for breast
- 1. breast, chest, external body part
- usage: the front of the trunk from the neck to the abdomen; "he beat his breast in anger"
- 2. breast, bosom, knocker, boob, tit, titty, mammary gland, mamma
- usage: either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman
- 3. breast, white meat, helping, portion, serving
- usage: meat carved from the breast of a fowl
- 4. breast, external body part
- usage: the part of an animal's body that corresponds to a person's chest
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. breast, converge, meet
- usage: meet at breast level; "The runner breasted the tape"
- 2. summit, breast, reach, make, attain, hit, arrive at, gain
- usage: reach the summit (of a mountain); "They breasted the mountain"; "Many mountaineers go up Mt. Everest but not all summit"
- 3. front, breast, confront, face
- usage: confront bodily; "breast the storm"