Synonyms for brew
- 1. brew, brewage, alcohol, alcoholic drink, alcoholic beverage, intoxicant, inebriant
- usage: drink made by steeping and boiling and fermenting rather than distilling
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. brew, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare by brewing; "people have been brewing beer for thousands of years"
- 2. brew, soak, imbue
- usage: sit or let sit in boiling water so as to extract the flavor; "the tea is brewing"
See also: brew (Dictionary)