Synonyms for bring-down
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down, move, displace
- usage: move something or somebody to a lower position; "take down the vase from the shelf"
- 2. overthrow, subvert, overturn, bring down, depose, force out
- usage: cause the downfall of; of rulers; "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
- 3. inflict, bring down, visit, impose, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: impose something unpleasant; "The principal visited his rage on the students"
- 4. land, put down, bring down, arrive, get, come
- usage: cause to come to the ground; "the pilot managed to land the airplane safely"
- 5. bring down, enthuse
- usage: cause to be enthusiastic; "Her playing brought down the house"
- 6. reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"