Synonyms for bristled
- 1. abound, burst, bristle, have, feature
- usage: be in a state of movement or action; "The room abounded with screaming children"; "The garden bristled with toddlers"
- 2. bristle, uprise, stand up
- usage: rise up as in fear; "The dog's fur bristled"; "It was a sight to make one's hair uprise!"
- 3. bristle, have, feature
- usage: have or be thickly covered with or as if with bristles; "bristling leaves"
- 4. bristle, react, respond
- usage: react in an offended or angry manner; "He bristled at her suggestion that he should teach her how to use the program"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. barbed, barbellate, briary, briery, bristled, bristly, burred, burry, prickly, setose, setaceous, spiny, thorny, armed (vs. unarmed)
- usage: having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns or setae etc.; "a horse with a short bristly mane"; "bristly shrubs"; "burred fruits"; "setaceous whiskers"