Synonyms for broken-in
- 1. break in, break, trespass, intrude
- usage: enter someone's (virtual or real) property in an unauthorized manner, usually with the intent to steal or commit a violent act; "Someone broke in while I was on vacation"; "They broke into my car and stole my radio!"; "who broke into my account last night?"
- 2. chime in, cut in, put in, butt in, chisel in, barge in, break in, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: break into a conversation; "her husband always chimes in, even when he is not involved in the conversation"
- 3. break in, get down, begin, get, start out, start, set about, set out, commence
- usage: start in a certain activity, enterprise, or role
- 4. break in, intrude, irrupt
- usage: intrude on uninvited; "The nosy couple broke in on our conversation"
- 5. break in, break
- usage: break so as to fall inward; "He broke in the door"
- 6. break in, break, domesticate, domesticize, domesticise, reclaim, tame
- usage: make submissive, obedient, or useful; "The horse was tough to break"; "I broke in the new intern"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. broken, broken in, tame (vs. wild), tamed
- usage: tamed or trained to obey; "a horse broken to the saddle"; "this old nag is well broken in"