Synonyms for bubble
- 1. bubble, globule
- usage: a hollow globule of gas (e.g., air or carbon dioxide)
- 2. house of cards, bubble, scheme, strategy
- usage: a speculative scheme that depends on unstable factors that the planner cannot control; "his proposal was nothing but a house of cards"; "a real estate bubble"
- 3. bubble, illusion, fantasy, phantasy, fancy
- usage: an impracticable and illusory idea; "he didn't want to burst the newcomer's bubble"
- 4. bubble, covering
- usage: a dome-shaped covering made of transparent glass or plastic
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bubble, emit, breathe, pass off
- usage: form, produce, or emit bubbles; "The soup was bubbling"
- 2. ripple, babble, guggle, burble, bubble, gurgle, sound, go
- usage: flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise; "babbling brooks"
- 3. bubble, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: rise in bubbles or as if in bubbles; "bubble to the surface"
- 4. bubble, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to form bubbles; "bubble gas through a liquid"
- 5. burp, bubble, belch, eruct, emit, breathe, pass off
- usage: expel gas from the stomach; "In China it is polite to burp at the table"