Synonyms for bubbling
- 1. bubble, emit, breathe, pass off
- usage: form, produce, or emit bubbles; "The soup was bubbling"
- 2. ripple, babble, guggle, burble, bubble, gurgle, sound, go
- usage: flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise; "babbling brooks"
- 3. bubble, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: rise in bubbles or as if in bubbles; "bubble to the surface"
- 4. bubble, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to form bubbles; "bubble gas through a liquid"
- 5. burp, bubble, belch, eruct, emit, breathe, pass off
- usage: expel gas from the stomach; "In China it is polite to burp at the table"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bubbling, bubbly, foaming, foamy, frothy, effervescing, spumy, effervescent (vs. noneffervescent)
- usage: emitting or filled with bubbles as from carbonation or fermentation; "bubbling champagne"; "foamy (or frothy) beer"
- 2. bubbling, effervescent, frothy, scintillating, sparkly, lively (vs. dull)
- usage: marked by high spirits or excitement; "his fertile effervescent mind"; "scintillating personality"; "a row of sparkly cheerleaders"