Synonyms for budding
- 1. budding, asexual reproduction, agamogenesis
- usage: reproduction of some unicellular organisms (such as yeasts) by growth and specialization followed by the separation by constriction of a part of the parent
- 1. bud, develop
- usage: develop buds; "The hibiscus is budding!"
- 2. bud, begin, start
- usage: start to grow or develop; "a budding friendship"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. budding, undeveloped (vs. developed)
- usage: beginning to develop; "a budding genius"