Synonyms for bug
- 1. bug, insect
- usage: general term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate
- 2. bug, glitch, defect, fault, flaw
- usage: a fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine
- 3. bug, microphone, mike
- usage: a small hidden microphone; for listening secretly
- 4. hemipterous insect, bug, hemipteran, hemipteron, insect
- usage: insects with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened and leathery at the base; usually show incomplete metamorphosis
- 5. microbe, bug, germ, microorganism, micro-organism
- usage: a minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium); the term is not in technical use
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. tease, badger, pester, bug, beleaguer, torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate
- usage: annoy persistently; "The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
- 2. wiretap, tap, intercept, bug, listen in, eavesdrop
- usage: tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information; "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"
See also: bug (Dictionary)