Synonyms for bulb
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bulb, stalk, stem
- usage: a modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure
- 2. light bulb, lightbulb, bulb, incandescent lamp, electric light, electric-light bulb, electric lamp
- usage: electric lamp consisting of a transparent or translucent glass housing containing a wire filament (usually tungsten) that emits light when heated by electricity
- 3. bulb, part, portion
- usage: a rounded part of a cylindrical instrument (usually at one end); "the bulb of a syringe"
- 4. bulb, round shape
- usage: anything with a round shape resembling a teardrop
- 5. medulla oblongata, medulla, bulb, neural structure
- usage: lower or hindmost part of the brain; continuous with spinal cord; (`bulb' is an old term for medulla oblongata); "the medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning"
- 6. bulb, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: a rounded dilation or expansion in a canal or vessel or organ
See also: bulb (Dictionary)