Synonyms for bumble
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. botch, bodge, bumble, fumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fuck up, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
- 2. stumble, falter, bumble, walk
- usage: walk unsteadily; "The drunk man stumbled about"
- 3. bumble, stutter, stammer, falter, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak haltingly; "The speaker faltered when he saw his opponent enter the room"