Synonyms for bunk
- 1. bunk, feed bunk, manger, trough
- usage: a long trough for feeding cattle
- 2. berth, bunk, built in bed, bed
- usage: a bed on a ship or train; usually in tiers
- 3. bunk, bed
- usage: a rough bed (as at a campsite)
- 4. bunk, bunkum, buncombe, guff, rot, hogwash, drivel, garbage
- usage: unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
- 5. nonsense, bunk, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, hokum, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message that seems to convey no meaning
- 6. bunk bed, bunk, bed
- usage: beds built one above the other
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. beat, bunk, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: avoid paying; "beat the subway fare"
- 2. bunk, bed
- usage: provide with a bunk; "We bunked the children upstairs"
- 3. scat, run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
See also: bunk (Dictionary)