Synonyms for buoy
- 1. buoy, reference point, point of reference, reference
- usage: bright-colored; a float attached by rope to the seabed to mark channels in a harbor or underwater hazards
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. buoy, float, swim
- usage: float on the surface of water
- 2. buoy, buoy up, hold, support, sustain, hold up
- usage: keep afloat; "The life vest buoyed him up"
- 3. buoy, mark
- usage: mark with a buoy
See also: buoy (Dictionary)