Synonyms for burning-bush
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. burning bush, shrub, bush
- usage: (Old Testament) the bush that burned without being consumed and from which God spoke to Moses
- 2. wahoo, burning bush, Euonymus atropurpureus, shrub, bush
- usage: deciduous shrub having purple capsules enclosing scarlet seeds
- 3. fraxinella, dittany, burning bush, gas plant, Dictamnus alba, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: Eurasian perennial herb with white flowers that emit flammable vapor in hot weather
- 4. summer cypress, burning bush, fire bush, fire-bush, belvedere, Bassia scoparia, Kochia scoparia, shrub, bush
- usage: densely branched Eurasian plant; foliage turns purple-red in autumn