Synonyms for burnt-out
- 1. blow out, burn out, blow, fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down
- usage: melt, break, or become otherwise unusable; "The lightbulbs blew out"; "The fuse blew"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. burned-out, burnt-out, tired (vs. rested)
- usage: exhausted as a result of longtime stress; "she was burned-out before she was 30"
- 2. burned-out, burnt-out, unserviceable (vs. serviceable)
- usage: inoperative as a result of heat or friction; "a burned-out picture tube"
- 3. burned, burnt, burned-over, burned-out, burnt-out, destroyed (vs. preserved)
- usage: destroyed or badly damaged by fire; "a row of burned houses"; "a charred bit of burnt wood"; "a burned-over site in the forest"; "barricaded the street with burnt-out cars"