Synonyms for bursting
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. burst, split, break open, break, separate, split up, fall apart, come apart
- usage: come open suddenly and violently, as if from internal pressure; "The bubble burst"
- 2. break, burst, erupt, express emotion, express feelings
- usage: force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger"
- 3. explode, burst, change integrity
- usage: burst outward, usually with noise; "The champagne bottle exploded"
- 4. burst, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: move suddenly, energetically, or violently; "He burst out of the house into the cool night"
- 5. abound, burst, bristle, have, feature
- usage: be in a state of movement or action; "The room abounded with screaming children"; "The garden bristled with toddlers"
- 6. burst, emerge
- usage: emerge suddenly; "The sun burst into view"
- 7. collapse, burst
- usage: cause to burst; "The ice broke the pipe"
- 8. burst, bust, break, separate, split up, fall apart, come apart
- usage: break open or apart suddenly and forcefully; "The dam burst"