Synonyms for bury
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bury, hide, conceal
- usage: cover from sight; "Afghani women buried under their burkas"
- 2. bury, entomb, inhume, inter, lay to rest, lay, put down, repose
- usage: place in a grave or tomb; "Stalin was buried behind the Kremlin wall on Red Square"; "The pharaohs were entombed in the pyramids"; "My grandfather was laid to rest last Sunday"
- 3. bury, situate, fix, posit, deposit
- usage: place in the earth and cover with soil; "They buried the stolen goods"
- 4. immerse, swallow, swallow up, bury, eat up, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing; "The huge waves swallowed the small boat and it sank shortly thereafter"
- 5. bury, sink, implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant
- usage: embed deeply; "She sank her fingers into the soft sand"; "He buried his head in her lap"
- 6. forget, bury
- usage: dismiss from the mind; stop remembering; "I tried to bury these unpleasant memories"
See also: bury (Dictionary)