Synonyms for business
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. business, concern, business concern, business organization, business organisation, enterprise
- usage: a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it; "he bought his brother's business"; "a small mom-and-pop business"; "a racially integrated business concern"
- 2. commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business, commerce, commercialism, mercantilism
- usage: the activity of providing goods and services involving financial and commercial and industrial aspects; "computers are now widely used in business"
- 3. occupation, business, job, line of work, line, activity
- usage: the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he's not in my line of business"
- 4. business, concern, worry, headache, vexation
- usage: a rightful concern or responsibility; "it's none of your business"; "mind your own business"
- 5. business, aim, object, objective, target
- usage: an immediate objective; "gossip was the main business of the evening"
- 6. business, business activity, commercial activity
- usage: the volume of commercial activity; "business is good today"; "show me where the business was today"
- 7. business, business sector, sector
- usage: business concerns collectively; "Government and business could not agree"
- 8. clientele, patronage, business, people
- usage: customers collectively; "they have an upper class clientele"
- 9. business, stage business, byplay, acting, playing, playacting, performing
- usage: incidental activity performed by an actor for dramatic effect; "his business with the cane was hilarious"