Synonyms for busted
- 1. break, bust, destroy, ruin
- usage: ruin completely; "He busted my radio!"
- 2. raid, bust, attack, assail
- usage: search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on; "The police raided the crack house"
- 3. tear, rupture, snap, bust, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
- 4. break, wear, wear out, bust, fall apart, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
- 5. burst, bust, break, separate, split up, fall apart, come apart
- usage: break open or apart suddenly and forcefully; "The dam burst"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. broken, busted, damaged (vs. undamaged)
- usage: out of working order (`busted' is an informal substitute for `broken'); "a broken washing machine"; "the coke machine is broken"; "the coke machine is busted"