Synonyms for butterfish
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. butterfish, saltwater fish
- usage: any of numerous small flat Atlantic food fish having smooth skin
- 2. butterfish, stromateid fish, stromateid, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: small marine fish with a short compressed body and feeble spines
- 3. rock gunnel, butterfish, Pholis gunnellus, gunnel, bracketed blenny
- usage: slippery scaleless food fish of the northern Atlantic coastal waters