Synonyms for cage
- 1. cage, coop, enclosure
- usage: an enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept
- 2. cage, constraint, restraint
- usage: something that restricts freedom as a cage restricts movement
- 3. Cage, John Cage, John Milton Cage Jr., composer
- usage: United States composer of avant-garde music (1912-1992)
- 4. cage, net
- usage: the net that is the goal in ice hockey
- 5. batting cage, cage, baseball equipment
- usage: a movable screen placed behind home base to catch balls during batting practice
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. cage, cage in, confine, detain
- usage: confine in a cage; "The animal was caged"
See also: cage (Dictionary)