Synonyms for calculate
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure, reason
- usage: make a mathematical calculation or computation
- 2. calculate, estimate, reckon, count on, figure, forecast, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: judge to be probable
- 3. account, calculate
- usage: keep an account of
- 4. forecast, calculate, predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise
- usage: predict in advance
- 5. calculate, aim, direct, intend, destine, designate, specify
- usage: specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- 6. count, bet, depend, look, calculate, reckon, trust, swear, rely, bank
- usage: have faith or confidence in; "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"