Synonyms for campaign
- 1. political campaign, campaign, run, race
- usage: a race between candidates for elective office; "I managed his campaign for governor"; "he is raising money for a Senate run"
- 2. campaign, cause, crusade, drive, movement, effort, venture
- usage: a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
- 3. campaign, military campaign, operation, military operation
- usage: several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints)
- 4. campaign, hunting expedition, safari, expedition
- usage: an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. campaign, run, race, run
- usage: run, stand, or compete for an office or a position; "Who's running for treasurer this year?"
- 2. crusade, fight, press, campaign, push, agitate, advertise, advertize, promote, push
- usage: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- 3. campaign, take the field
- usage: go on a campaign; go off to war