Synonyms for campaigning
- 1. campaigning, candidacy, candidature, electioneering, political campaign, campaign, cause, crusade, drive, movement, effort
- usage: the campaign of a candidate to be elected
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. campaign, run, race, run
- usage: run, stand, or compete for an office or a position; "Who's running for treasurer this year?"
- 2. crusade, fight, press, campaign, push, agitate, advertise, advertize, promote, push
- usage: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- 3. campaign, take the field
- usage: go on a campaign; go off to war